• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

750 HondaMatic to Manual Conversion .... Is it Possible ????

Jane

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is it difficult / expensive to convert a hondamatic 750 to a manual transmission. If so, what are the basic (high-level) of doing so? Thank you

Someone who has more experience will be along shortly but I am pretty sure you would be ahead to swap engines (or bikes). I believe the cases are entirely different.

You're looking at another motor pretty much, the cases are modded so much there will be no swapping MTX parts into one. MTX = manual trans.

Even if it were possible, you would have to buy a donor engine anyway. Buy a donor motor in good shape, then either rebuild it from the ground up, or just do the top end (pistons/head).

Then swap engines...

EZPZ

Yeah, it's possible, it's called I swap you my manual for your automatic... expensive? Depends if my bike is in better shape... prob so...

ive done it

Hello,

Is it difficult / expensive to convert a hondamatic 750 to a manual transmission. If so, what are the basic (high-level) of doing so? Thank you

you will find it fits right in you need to put a perch for the clutch and the oil tank must be mounted but otherwise it worked out fine on mine i had a hondamatic 1977 but a friend gave me a 750e engine as soon as i got it here i started tearing out the hondamatic i dont like the hondamatic engine very much it lacks power and is kinda unsafe at times plus it didnt have a kickstarter

The hondamatics are a sought after item. They are used quite often in bracket racing as they are dead on consistent. Anything performance wise that you can do to the std 750 can be done to the auto. All the engine parts fit. Many big bore auto's running around. IF you have a running auto you should be able to sell it quite easily.

leftovers

The hondamatics are a sought after item. They are used quite often in bracket racing as they are dead on consistent. Anything performance wise that you can do to the std 750 can be done to the auto. All the engine parts fit. Many big bore auto's running around. IF you have a running auto you should be able to sell it quite easily.

well i still have the hondamatic engine it runs its a good engine id sell it as i got my bike squared away.

before and after pics IMG_20191209_145139.jpgIMG_20191219_171802.jpg

Back