• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1981 cb750c custom no power

cruzwie

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just bought this bike a few weeks ago about 12500 miles on it and have been driving it around a little bit all fine. Went to get on it after work, no power at all. It did rain during that time, first time i know of its been exposed to rain. I had a little problem previously with loose wires for the ignition, just had to tighten it up turns out. Any recommendations on what to test?

If no indicator lights or anything then I'd be looking at power distribution off the ignition switch again..............of course the battery has to be good.

If it's not the battery or wiring the ignition may also be faulty. This can sometimes happen when the connections in the ignition become corroded and disconnect

If an aftermarket switch the bottoms are made of such plastic that they commonly work out of place to do things like mentioned. Crap quality part. Lets the wire contact points fall apart and no switch connections then.

Back