• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

LED lights on 81 CB750C

John Luke

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m putting led lights on my 81 CB750C I have an led blinker relay and the led light. How do I wire them? I do have the diode if needed. Let me know how it’s supposed to be wired up.

Thanks!

As I recall, I simply replaced my relay with the LED relay and put in LED bulbs in the factory outlets. Do you have something different?

The lights themselves are the diodes, any extra part there is a current reducing resistor, LEDs function on only about 3 volts of power. If the bulb does not have a resistor installed with it on 12 volt you must add your own.

Sometimes I am so full of crap.........................beyond that the pic really does nothing there at all, grasping wiring issues is much more involved than 1 or 5 or maybe even 20 pics can ever make clear, the whole system has to be looked at in entirety to figure out where many of the problems are. The slightest small unseeming detail can be the killer there and right in plain view.

Absolutely no way to tell, I cannot accept that it is wired correctly based on your word, the ENTIRE system has to be checked once it proves out to not work correctly. For one your description of LED wiring is sadly lacking, I would have to have a pictured pinout schematic from the maker or test it myself to know.

Most wiring of what you did there is normally inside the headlight shell and you are down by chassis and coil area. So, to begin with, wondering where the rest of the wiring is, and more importantly, in what way it was changed. Take the bleed into oil light and neutral, there is no way those circuits should even be touched yet you have power of some sort backfeeding into them, and they shouldn't even be joined never mind the bleed-in issue. So up to 3 things wrong there maybe. And not a clue as to how the rear signals were patched in making things impossible to say again. The point where you say 'I think I've wired this correctly'.........what can I say but how on earth can I guess at that bundle of non-stock wires with no pinout again, I have no clue as to what they are so not wired right in my view.

This is one of those things that the internet often cannot touch with any degree of detail to fix, the subject must be moved through in a hundred places in minutes and doable by an expert there in person, he can never hope to do that online, the 'net cripples that. Your vid didn't touch 50 things I'd have to check there to OK it. What I tried to say in the previous post. I could easily fix it in person with the bike but no way here sitting in Texas, the limitations are too numerous and too great.

And I have no trouble at all working on 5 miles of wire in a modern electronic car, but I absolutely MUST know what EVERY single wire does to avoid major damage there. I build computers, I would not even dare to power one up without knowing that every single wire is 100% correct, best way to blow one out there is.

Sorry I don't have more but it is what it is...........you're looking for a 5 word answer when there is a 500 page book needed there.

Last edited:
John, did you ever get your wiring sorted?

I couldn't access your photo(s).

Just like NicksHonda, I replaced all the bulbs in my 1981 CB750K with LEDs. The OEM relay had to be replaced with a CF13GL-02: 3 Pin Black European Flasher from SuperBrightLEDs.com. No load resistors are needed.

I looked for very compact Super White 1156 BA15S 50-SMD LED Light bulbs on eBay to fit my turn signal housings, taillight and license plate light.

There is a good Flash automated wiring diagram at http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/wiring750K1.html. It might not match your wiring exactly but it will give you a good overview of how things should work.

The Honda Wiring color chart at http://www.satanicmechanic.org/wiringcodes.shtml is invaluable, not to mention a wiring chart (hopefully in color) from your bike's manual.

I also got great use out of a Performance Tool Electrical Tester Part #W2975C from the local O'Reilly Auto Parts store when working on my wiring.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back